question comes up periodically. Here is what we request if you wish to use one
of the scripts on this website:
- If using a script that was not created by the Golden Stag
Players or a member of the troupe, please do not assume permission
is granted to use the script. If you need to contact the author, please let
us know, and we will do our best to provide that information. In the case
of the late Goldwyn of Britain, our understanding is that it is okay to use
his scripts, but please give credit where it is due.
- If using a period script that we have modified, you can
use the original script (you may need to find the original -- source information
should be on the page about that play) subject to the publisher's requirements
(if any), or if you wish to use our modified version, see below.
- To use a script by the Golden Stag Players, either original
or modified from a period source, our royalty requests are:
- Ask permission first (so we know ...);
- Photos of the performance if possible;
- A Video of the performance if possible;
- CREDIT in the program for the script for the author, if a specific
author, or for the troupe if the script is credited to The Golden Stag Players;
- As part of the credit listed above, a link to this website would be nice.
Note that we are not requesting money, as the GSP are a non-profit troupe,
we do this for fun. We do request that we be given due credit for our own work
We would even be willing to provide copies of videos of our original performances
where we have them (we have most of our shows video-taped).